Click here to go straight to the IT requirements:
The LUCID Packaging Register works well with the following browsers (as per January 2020):
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) version 11 or higher
- Microsoft Edge: latest version including the two previous major version releases
- Google Chrome: latest version including the two previous major version releases
- Mozilla Firefox: latest version 59 including the two previous major version releases
If you use older versions, we recommend updating first. It may be possible to load the Packaging Register and complete registration using older browsers but there is no specific IT support available for this.
The table below provides an overview of the settings required in the respective browser for using the LUCID Packaging Register:
|Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) version 11 or higher|| |
|Microsoft Edge: including the two previous major version releases|| |
|Google Chrome: including the two previous major version releases|| |
|Mozilla Firefox: including the two previous major version releases|| |
Registration includes listing all brand names under which you place packaging subject to system participation on the German market on a commercial basis for the first time. You can enter the brand names manually (which is worthwhile if the number of brand names is manageable) or upload them as a file using XML. This is worthwhile for all companies distributing a larger number of brands and for which an export of brand names from a merchandise management system as an XML file is possible. It is also possible to regularly update the brands by uploading using XML.
The following explanatory notes are available to provide guidance for an XML upload:
These guidelines for using the XML interface use examples to illustrate how to create an XML file (.xml) and verify this file with the XML schema (.xsd).
For technical support when creating and validating your files, please contact your IT Support.
XML sample file (.xml)
This example shows how to build an XML file that can be used to upload the brands.
XML schema (.xsd)
This file defines the schema of the XML files and can be used to review XML files.
Documents to be signed must bear a qualified electronic signature. In the electronic world, the qualified electronic signature (QES) is the equivalent of the traditional signature. It enables authorship verification of a declaration in electronic data transfers over the long term. This makes the qualified electronic signature the legal counterpart to a handwritten signature. Advanced and simple signatures are not permitted.
The registered auditor pursuant to section 27 (2) VerpackG (Packaging Act) signing must be listed in the register of auditors kept by the Zentrale Stelle Verpackungsregister (Central Agency Packaging Register – ZSVR). The signing auditor explains the confirmation within the meaning of section 11 (1) VerpackG, accepting responsibility for the content.
Creation of the signature requires:
A signature card
- The signature card must be issued by an EU-recognised trust centre. In electronic communication processes, trust centres confirm the respective identity of the communication partner. For more information on approved trust centres, please see (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/tlbrowser/#/)
- The signature card must be personally issued in the cardholder’s name. Signing with a card issued in a legal person’s name is not possible in communication processes with the LUCID Packaging Register. Only signatures using signature cards issued in a natural person’s name will be accepted. This follows the logic that even auditor registrations in the register are registrations of natural persons.
- Once received, the signature card must first be activated by the trust centre.
A card reader device
- These devices are recommended by signature card providers.
- This software is recommended by signature card providers. Using recommended software is likely to reduce potential errors.
- To sign PDF documents, only the 'PAdES' signature exchange format is permitted. This format must be set in the signature software if applicable.