The Verpackungsgesetz (Packaging Act) calls for audits and/or confirmations by auditors and experts at various junctures. To ensure that audits and confirmations are conducted in a uniform manner and to achieve a uniform standard between different auditor and expert groups, the ZSVR developed audit guidelines for these activities. The audit guidelines have been approved by the German Federal Cartel Office.
Further information about the treatment of the new definition of composite in the Verpackungsgesetz (Packaging Act) introduced by the Act on the Implementation of the Waste Framework Directive of the European Union can be found here.
The declaration of completeness audit guidelines have been updated for the 2020 reference year. These are to be followed when auditing declarations of completeness that need to be filed with the Zentrale Stelle Verpackungsregister (Central Agency Packaging Register – ZSVR) by 15 May 2021. The key updates to the content are:
- The producer declaration (A.4.2.8 and appendix 2) was adjusted to reflect the LUCID Packaging Register.
- The approach for determining packaging weights was specified (B.5: Audit area 5).
- Specifications were made regarding export packaging, retrospective deductions and retail returns (B.9: Audit area 9).
- The electronic filing of volume confirmations issued by the systems was included (C.3.1.4).
- 'Declaration of completeness audit guidelines' for the 2020 reference year (last updated: 6 November 2020)
- 'Declaration of completeness audit guidelines' for the 2019 reference year (last updated: 15 April 2020)
- 'Declaration of completeness audit guidelines' for the 2018 reference year for auditing and confirming declarations of completeness pursuant to section 11 VerpackG (last updated: 1 January 2019 with amendments dated 26 February 2019)
(The declaration of completeness audit guidelines are only available in German.)
Pursuant to section 11 (3) VerpackG, the ZSVR has published standard operating procedures on the electronic filing procedure in the form of the 'declaration of completeness technical guidelines'. These guidelines require the use of certain electronic forms and input screens as well as access to the ZSVR's database (LUCID). The requirements set forth in these guidelines must be complied with when making filings. The 'declaration of completeness technical guidelines' can be found here.