Before you apply for a login as a producer
Please make sure that you are prepared to enter the following data in order to apply for a login:
- First and last name of the person authorised to represent your company. This can be, for example, an individual board member, a managing director, an authorised signatory, an authorised agent/an agent with sole power of representation (head of a department) or the company owner. The authorised person must confirm on behalf of the company that the information for registration is true.
- First and last name of the contact person. Here, only one person belonging to the company can be considered. Third parties (e. g. external parties, brokers) cannot be considered. The authorised person and the contact person may but do not need to be identical.
- Please note: The authorised person and the contact person must be from within the company.
- An e-mail address that will act as login and communication address in the future must be specified. On the basis of a statutory obligation, the e-mail address will be published in the public register, together with the company name and contact details (address, phone and fax number).
- A password of your choice (at least 8 characters, with at least one capital and lower case letter as well as at least one number and one special character) must be defined.
What you need to prepare for your registration as a producer
For a complete registration, please make sure that you are prepared to enter the following data:
- Company address
- Value added tax identification number (VAT ID no.). In Germany, it consists of the country code DE and nine digits (example: DE123456789). If you do not have a VAT ID, please enter your company’s taxpayer reference number.
- National identification number, e. g. commercial register number, association register number, etc. If not available, business announcement or similar. In some cases, the issuing authority and the date of issue must also be indicated. Therefore, it makes sense to have this information available.
- Listing of all brand names under which you place packaging subject to system participation onto the German market on a commercial basis for the first time. If a product has an umbrella brand and additional sub-brands, only the umbrella brand needs to be provided. Sub-brands can also be entered. Where there are plans to remove one or more brand name(s) from the market, you can enter the market exit date under ‘brand valid until'.
- If you want to place products onto the market without a brand name, enter the company name again (do not enter: ’no name‘ or ’no brand‘, etc.).
- If you would like to upload brand names using an XML interface, you can download the most recent template here. Further information on how to use XML interfaces can be found here.
IT requirements for registration
Under 'IT requirements', you will find information about supported browsers.
Before you apply for a login as an auditor
To set up an auditor login, your personal data (title, academic title where applicable, full name, company name) as well as your e-mail address are required. The password must have at least 8 characters with at least one capital and lower case letter as well as at least one number and special character. Repeated characters are not permissible.
What you need to prepare for your registration as an auditor
For a complete registration, your address as well as your phone number (fax number where applicable) are required. Please make sure that you have the following additional information ready:
- Declaration of whether you are active pursuant to section 27 (1) (experts) or section 27 (2) (auditors, tax advisers, sworn accountants) VerpackG (Packaging Act), as well as an indication of your profession
- Evidence of your qualification as an auditor by uploading one or more suitable document(s) (PDF, JPG or PNG file), indicating the certifying institution as well as the date of issue of the document(s). In the following, you will find an overview of the documents that may serve as evidence of your qualification as an auditor for your profession:
Publicly appointed expert
German environmental verifier
Environmental verifier from another EU Member State
Expert accredited by a national accreditation body
Expert in another EU Member State or the European Economic Area
Certificate of public appointment and ad-ministration of oath before the IHK chamber of commerce as per section 36 GewO (Trade Regulation Act)
Certificate of specialised knowledge as per sections 9, 10 UAG (Environmental Audit Act)
Evidence of specialist qualifications, notice to DAU GmbH, section 18 UAG (Environmental Audit Act)
Accreditation notification and certificate issued by the DAkkS (German national accreditation body)
Evidence of professional qualifications, notice to competent public institution, sec-tion 13a GewO (Trade Regulation Act)
Certificate of appointment issued by the German Chamber of Public Accountants, section 15 WiPrO (Public Accountant Act)
Certificate of appointment issued by a German Chamber of Tax Advisers, section 40 StBerG (Tax Consultancy Act)
Certificate of appointment issued by the German Chamber of Public Accountants, section 128 WiPrO (Public Accountant Act)
- If you are an environmental verifier, please also have the NACE codes for your scope of accreditation ready.